(713) 517-7139   thomasnguyenlawfirm@gmail.com   info@thomasnguyenlaw.com

Permanent Residence Lawyers at Thomas Nguyen Law Firm

There are many different ways in which immigrants can gain permanent residency in the United States. The family law experts at Thomas Nguyen Law Firm are here to help you indicate which visa is best to help you receive a green card and to assist through each and every step of the process. The average processing time can take up to over a year. We understand that waiting this long is not always an ideal option for you or your family. With Thomas Nguyen Law Firm in the picture, we can work closely with you to ensure that your application qualifies and that you receive access to the United States in no time.

Our Permanent Residence Services

Our legal services are encompassed around providing you with comprehensive filing and petitioning for residency in the United States. All the advising you’ll need for your case can be found at Thomas Nguyen Law Firm. Our services include:

  • Naturalization
  • In-person representation at green card interviews
  • EB-1-EB-4 visas
  • Green card through family reunification and sponsorship
  • Adjustment of status in the U.S.
  • Visa processing

Permanent Residence Requirements

In order to be considered for permanent residence in the United States, you must be able to meet the following criteria:

  • Be eligible for one of the immigrant categories listed in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
  • Have petition filed and approved for you
  • Have an immigrant visa immediately available
  • Granted admittance to the United States

A lawyer at Thomas Nguyen Law Firm can go more into the specifics regarding requirements and eligibility for U.S. residency.

Your Rights

As a permanent resident of the United States, you are granted specific rights with respect to your status. Your rights include:

  • Live permanently in the United States so long as you do not commit any crimes or actions that may remove you under immigration law
  • Work in the United States for any field of your choice
  • Be protected by all laws United States, your state of residency, and local jurisdictions.

Green Card Assistance For Families And Individuals

Deportation is one of the worst things you can face, especially if you have aspired to move into the United States for a better life and opportunities. Our immigration attorneys are here to ensure that this doesn’t happen by assisting you in filing and petitioning for a green card. We can also attend your interview to help clarify any questions that the USCIS may ask of you. Your fate regarding your status residency may seem vague when you don’t have a professional by your side. With Thomas Nguyen Law Firm, you don’t have to go through the process alone.

FAQs About Permanent Residence And Green Cards

  • For how long can I travel outside of the U.S. after receiving my green card?
    As a permanent resident, you are free to travel outside of the U.S. for an unconditional amount of time. If it is determined, however, that you do not intend to make the U.S. your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your residence status.


  • Will I be eligible to work upon entering the United States on a green card?
    Upon entering the United States on a green card, you will require no further authorization from the USCIS to begin employment.


  • My spouse was granted conditional residence status? How can we adjust it to permanent?
    You and your spouse are required to file an I-751 Form with USCIS to have the conditional resident status removed. The form must be filed and submitted ninety days before the second anniversary of your spouse having been permitted into the United States.


  • What do I do if I’ve lost my green card?
    It is important that you get in touch with USCIS as soon as you have lost your green card in order to request a replacement.

Contact An Experienced And Trusted Lawyer Today

  • Whatever your case entails, you can place your trust in the team at Thomas Nguyen Law Firm. Our legal assistance is of the highest quality, always ready to serve you. Contact us today so we can address all your immigration-related questions and concerns.Permanent Residence in Houston