(713) 517-7139   thomasnguyenlawfirm@gmail.com   info@thomasnguyenlaw.com

What are the conditions for bailing a fiancé or fiancée into the U.S.?

Bail for fiancés and fiancées entering the U.S. (Fiance guarantee) is a guarantee that allows foreign nationals to come to the U.S. and marry their fiancées and fiancés who are U.S. citizens within 90 days of coming to the U.S. The petitioner will be issued a K1 Visa to enter the U.S. to marry the petitioner.

So what are the conditions for Fiance bail and fiance bail procedures?

What is a K1 visa?

An Engaged Visa (K1) is a type of non-migrant visa that allows the fiancé or fiancée of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. to marry a petitioner. After marriage, foreign nationals must apply to change their status of residence to Permanent Resident (LPR) with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Fiance Bail is a guarantee that allows foreign nationals to come to the U.S. and marry their fiancée/fiancé who is an American citizen. (Photo: Usvisa)

Conditions for bailing fiancés and fiancées

In order to be able to guarantee a fiancée or fiancé when applying for bail, the petitioner must prove the following:

– The guaranteed must have US citizenship

– The petitioner must prove that they and their foreign fiancé and fiancée met within 2 years before filling out the petition.

– The petitioner and applicant must be single and able to proceed to marriage.

– The petitioner must apply for an exemption if he/she has previously guaranteed the fiancée.

– The petitioner must have an affidavit proving that the two will marry each other within 90 days of arriving in the U.S.

– If the petitioner has ever had a previous marriage, it is necessary to provide proof that the marriage has legally terminated.

What documents do fiancé and fiancée bail procedures need?

In order to complete the procedure for bailing a fiancé, the fiancée needs to have all the following documents:

– Fiancée and fiancé petition (form I-129F)

– Evidence that the two have met in the past 2 years.

– The affidavit will be married (intended within 90 days).

– All proof of divorce or death certificate with the previous spouse of 2 people (if any).

– A copy of the guaranteed’s passport, nationality, U.S. birth certificate and birth certificate of the guaranteed.

– 2-inch x 2-inch card (of both people)

– If there is a guarantee for the child of the fiancée or fiancée, the birth of the accompanying children will be submitted.

– The fee for applying for bail to the Immigration Department is $535

– Note, green cards cannot be guaranteed under the appearance of fiancés or fiancées.

Process of bailing fiancés and fiancées

The petitioner is a U.S. citizen who will apply for fiancée/fiancée’s bail (I-129F application) with the Immigration Department. Note: I-129F applications cannot be submitted to the U.S. Embassy, consular or immigration services abroad.

After the Immigration Department approves the petition, it will be sent to the National Screening Center (NVC). NVC will provide the application number and send the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where the fiancée or fiancée is living.

When the Consulate receives documents from NVC, the Consulate will send the guaranteed a letter requesting to send the necessary documents to the Consulate. After completing the paperwork for the Consulate, the guaranteed must register the interview schedule with the Consulate.

The guarantee period for fiancé and fiancée usually lasts from 9 to 12 months from the date the Immigration Department receives the petition until the applicant arrives in the U.S.

Spread the love

Post a Comment